To celebrate Miami Art Week 2021 (November 30 to December 5) Wynwood Walls will debut its theme of “Agents of Change” with 13 new art installations throughout the famed district.
“Since its inception, the Wynwood Walls has been a canvas created to improve the lives of others,” said Jessica Goldman Srebnick, CEO of Goldman Global Arts and curator of the Wynwood Walls. “Artists have always been agents of change, whether changing the audience perspective through their work, changing an environment, eliciting a courageous conversation, addressing issues in a creative manner, or to simply bring joy to the world around us.”
This year’s theme marks transformation and reflection through color, passion, and skill. Srebnick has selected a roster of global artists–both up-and-coming and established–to create new murals and sculptures in time for the international art community to descend on Miami. This year’s artist line-up will feature Japanese artist AIKO; Portuguese artists Diogo “Addfuel” Machado and Bordalo ii; American artists David Flores, Scott Froschauer, Joe Iurato, KAI, Kayla Mahaffey, and Greg Mike; French artist Mantra; Cuban artist Ernesto Maranje; Mexican artist Farid Rueda; and a local artist selected in the district’s first ever “Open Call” competition.
For its Miami Art Week programming, Wynwood Walls and Goldman Global Arts will present two shows. At the Goldman Global Arts Gallery, fine-art canvas works by new and previous Wynwood Walls artists will on view. The gallery’s Annex will also host a solo show by FAILE, a Brooklyn-based artistic collaboration between Patrick McNeil and Patrick Miller. Since its inception in 1999, FAILE has been known for a wide-ranging multimedia practice recognizable for its explorations of duality through a fragmented style of appropriation and collage.
Citi will return as The Wynwood Walls’ Art Week Presenting Sponsor, supporting the museum’s programming, public art, and Art Week events. In partnership since 2016 with Citi, Goldman Global Arts will curate the Miami Citi Bike program showcasing Chicago-based artist, Kayla Mahafey. The Citi Bike curation will show Mahafey’s work on 800 Citi Bikes and 60 Citi Bike Stations.
Tickets to Wynwood Walls from November 26 to December 5 will be $25 for adults; $15 for students, military, and seniors; and free for children ages 12 and younger.
Wynwood Walls will offer an “Art Month Pass” through December 31, allowing unlimited access to the Walls for $65 per person.
Wynwood Walls/Goldman Properties Art Week Events:
- Wynwood Walls Begins Art Week Live Installations
- Monday, November 22, to Wednesday, November 24, all from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, November 26, Sunday, November 28, all from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Artist Talk (open to the public and included with Wynwood Walls admission) on Wednesday, December 1, from 7-8 p.m.
- KAI unveils sculpture in collaboration with Odell Beckham Jr. (open to the public and included with Wynwood Walls admission) on Thursday, December 2, from 3-5 p.m.
- Superplastic Activation & Kranky Art Competition (open to the public and included with Wynwood Walls admission) on Friday, December 3, from 4-7 p.m.
- Miami Art Week from Tuesday, November 30, to Sunday, December 5
- Walls will be open Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. through the week
- Daily DJ sets Tuesday to Thursday, from 2:30-7:30 p.m., and Friday to Sunday, from 3:30-8:30 p.m.
To purchase daily tickets, all access passes, and packages, please visit Wynwood Walls Ticketing Site.