As South Florida residents continue to stay home and self-isolate through the COVID-19 pandemic, Miami’s Wynwood neighborhood is rising to the challenge of bringing its vivacious cultural scene to the digital sphere. The Wynwood Business Improvement District (BID) is launched the #WynAtHome virtual series on its @WynwoodMiami Instagram and Facebook channels to share the area’s art, food, entertainment, and wellness experiences through live videos, stories, and other exclusive content with followers around the world.
“It’s important more than ever to foster a sense of community as we continue self-isolating during these unprecedented times,” said Albert Garcia, Wynwood BID Chairman. “The #WynAtHome virtual series will bring positive, shared experiences that celebrate our beloved Wynwood community to remind us we’re in this together.”
#WynAtHome content, like music performances curated by El Patio, performances by artists in-residence at the Miami Light Project, wellness and fitness sessions from Sol Yoga, behind-the-scenes experiences at Veza Sur Brewery, culinary classes with Alter Chef Brad Kilgore, and interviews with renowned street artists in collaboration with the Museum of Graffiti, is being streamed live and posted on Instagram and Facebook @WynwoodMiami.
Those looking for a cultural escape are are encouraged to follow @WynwoodMiami on Instagram and Facebook and use the hashtag #WynAtHome to share their own experiences.
South Florida’s Digital Experiences Directory:
- O Cinema Virtual Theater Project is screening new film releases weekly.
- Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) Virtual Miami is offering virtual tours, stay-at-home activities, and livestreams of Miami’s museums, attractions, national parks, beaches, and more.
- Coral City Camera This peaceful experience features an underwater camera streaming a coral reef ecosystem at the northeastern tip of Port Miami.
- Bal Harbour Shops Virtual Book Club with Books & Books: Hosted by Steph Sayfie Aagaard, the April book Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng will be discussed during @BalHarbourShops Instagram Live on Tuesday, April 28, at 7:30 p.m. All books can be purchased online supporting cherished local bookstore, Books & Books.
- Phil Collins & Orianne Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation (LDF): Viewers can submit a donation via the link in the foundation’s Instagram bio (@littledreamsfoundationusa), request a song, and a Little Dreamer will perform the song on Instagram LIVE! This nonprofit helps kids in need pursue their dreams in music, art, and sports.
- O, Miami Poetry Festival To celebrate National Poetry month, the festival is streaming exclusive live readings.
- Ultra Virtual Audio Festival- Fans of the music fest can experience Ultra at home with audio of performances by Major Lazer, Afrojack, and more.
National Digital Experiences Directory:
- Broadway HD The streaming services allows subscribers to access Broadway’s beloved stagings of Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Kinky Boots, and more.
- Coachella: 20 Years in the Desert: This YouTube Originals documentary gives fans exclusive insight into the world renowned celebration of music.
- Metropolitan Opera The infamous opera house is streaming free shows every night for viewers to enjoy.
- Berlin Philharmonic Experience the orchestra through the Digital Concert Hall livestreams and YouTube videos.