Following its beloved 2021 exhibition, Miami’s iconic Bal Harbour Shops will bring back the “Fleurs de Villes” exhibition and event programming from March 4-13.
During the showcase, the Shops will burst with thousands of fresh florals and creations by the region’s top florists in the form of larger-than-life floral mannequins. The works of floral art will be on view around the shops in an elevated gallery-like setting, which create stunning vignettes for a series of events.
This year’s fresh floral mannequins are designed to resemble women of consequence and significance. Each muse was individually selected by the participating brands, many of which have a deep-rooted connection to.
Bal Harbour Shops will sponsor its own floral mannequin inspired by Audrey Hepburn, a style icon and embodiment of pure joy whose radiant spirit lives on through her movies and humanitarian legacy. Additional brand sponsors and muses include:
- Books & Books with iconic American writer Joan Didion
- Lalique with Sarah Bernhardt who inspired select pieces by the brand
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort honoring Caroline Astor, the creator of many of the rituals at The St. Regis Hotels
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts with Celia Cruz, one of the most popular Latin artists of the 20th century
- The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis, whose mannequin will be in honor of Maya Angelou
- Stephen Starr’s restaurants Makoto and Le Zoo will celebrate Inzumo no Okuni and La Goulue, respectively
Similarly to real gowns, these creations capture every couture element including pleats, lace and necklines.
The 10-day floral extravaganza will be designed by florists including Aniska Creations, Casaflor, Hayal Flowers Design & Events, Indigo Hues Designs, La Feterie, Luxury Flowers Miami, Maison La Fleur, Oscar Mora Floral Art & Design, Petal Productions, and more.
Visitors will also enjoy ancillary events like flower crown-making workshops, a Parisian Flower Market, and more.