- If you have questions, need further guidance, or have symptoms, call the Health Department at 1-866-779-6121 [Florida Department of Health]
- There are 2,262,598 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida. 35,635 people have died. There are 489,014 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Miami-Dade County. 6,232 people have died. [Florida Department of Health]
- The City of North Miami will host a follow-up vaccination event on Sunday, May 9, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for residents who received their first Pfizer vaccine dose during the previous events held on April 18, 19, and 20. This event will take place at the Griffing Community Center. Additionally, residents who are 18 years of age and older may walk-in for service if they wish to receive a one-time dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine during this event.
- All Florida residents ages ages 18 years and older are now eligible for the all COVID vaccines. The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for people ages 16 and older. All residents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian ad complete the COVID0-19 vaccine screening and consent form. Other eligible groups: persons determined to be vulnerable by a physician; health care workers with direct patient contact; long-term facility residents and staff. Click here for the vaccine finder. [Florida Department of Health]
- The CDC recommends that all people wear a cloth mask when leaving home. Click here for a homemade mask tutorial.
Image courtesy of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention; Hannah A. Bullock; Azaibi Tamin.