Lee Brian Schrager’s neighborhood bake sale will return on Sunday, June 28, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in honor of Pride Month. All proceeds from the bake sale will benefit the YES Institute, a Miami-based education center working to save the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth through offering empowering resources and powerful communication and education on gender and orientation.
Initially launched to help restaurant workers through the COVID-19 induced closures, the bake sale has attracted hungry patrons from all over South Florida who want to support the community.
“It’s been such a monumental month with the passing of the LGBTQ Civil Rights Ruling, I just had to do something special to honor the community,” said Lee Brian Schrager, founder and director of SOBEWFF® and NYCWFF. All participants will be selling their creations for $25 each and 100 percent of the net proceeds will benefit the YES Institute. Patrons will need to bring exact change and additional donations are encouraged.
Local food and beverage participants include:
- Night Owl Cookies: Box of (6) Assorted Signature Homemade Cookies featuring a Special Edition PRIDE cookie
- Hometown Barbecue: Hometown Bar-B-Que Bento Box (serves 2) – includes Pulled Pork, Turkey, Cornbread, Smoked Pit Bean and BBQ Sauce
- Tropical Chinese: Tropical Dim Sum Box –includes (6) Leek Dumplings, (4) Chicken Pot Stickers, (1) Crispy Shrimp Ball and (2) Steamed Shrimp and Pork Shumai
- Sweet Melody Crafted Ice Cream: 4-Pint Pack featuring a Special Edition PRIDE Flavor
- The Salty Donut | Box of (6) Assorted Donuts featuring a Special Edition PRIDE Flavor
- Empanada Harry’s | Box of (8) Assorted Signature Homemade Empanadas
- Hedy Goldsmith | Rainbow Shortbread Bites and Signed Copy of Baking Out Loud
- Luis Vasquez | Box of (6) PRIDE-Inspired Signature Cupcakes
- Adrianne Calvo | Dark Chocolate Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding
- Dallas Wynne | Box of (12) Snickerdoodle Cookies
Follow Lee Schrager on Instagram @leeschrager for further updates.