Fallin’ in Miami
Autumn kicks off with a trio of libations that are perfectly in sync with the season.
Miami local’s favorite neighborhood bar, Sweet Liberty, conceived this easy-drinking vodka cocktail combining Zu vodka, apple juice, Aperol, citrus and cinnamon.
• 1½ oz. of vodka (Zu Vodka Bison grass vodka recommended)
• 1½ oz. apple juice
• ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
• ½ oz. Aperol
• Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
Shake all ingredients together with ice in a shaker. Strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
Byblos Old Fashioned
At Mediterranean hotspot Byblos Miami, this bourbon-based classic is deliciously complemented by their own house-blended Turkish coffee that adds a sweet kick of flavor into the mix.
• 1½ oz. Old Forester bourbon
• ½ oz. Stolen Smoked Rum
• ½ oz. Turkish Coffee reduction
• 4 dashes Orange Angostura bitters
• 2 dashes Angostura bitters
• Orange peel (for garnish)
Add all ingredients together in a shaker, then stir. Serve in a rocks glass over a single large ice cube. Garnish with an orange peel curl.
Gloria Estefan once described Cuban coffee as “very powerful, very sweet, and a little dangerous.” That’s exactly how we’d describe this cocktail from Lobster Bar Sea Grille Miami Beach. Enjoy while listening to salsa music and playing dominoes.
• 1½ oz. Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum
• ½ oz. Miami Club Cuban Coffee Liqueur
• ½ oz. Licor 43
• 1 dash simple syrup
• 2 dashes Bitter Truth chocolate bitters
Add all ingredients together in a shaker, then stir. Serve in a rocks glass over a single large ice cube.